Downloadable excerpt from SVASE: Digital Media: Building a Business with Social Networks
- Patrick Chanezon, API Evangelist, Google
- Jyri Engestrom, Entrepreneur, Google and Co-founder, Jaiku
- Konstantin Guericke, CEO, jaxtr and Co-founder, LinkedIn
- Ramu Yalamanchi, Founder and CEO, hi5
Moderator: Trevor Cornwell,Founder, Embarkons, Inc
- Patrick from Google discussed the concept of socializing objects; people gathering around something.
Find opportunities using “Chain on Pain” mentioned as a helpful and applicable Guy Kawasaki-ism.
- question later came from an engineer of how this works with object-oriented programming…(no joke).
Naming…just add “ster”, e.g. Jobster, Dogster, Jaxtr, etc…
Konstantin thought it key to build value in the product, enough for people to pay for…
Jyri brought up a question that prospectice investors ask, that entrepreneurs ought to ask themselves…”What is your Unfair Advantage?”
Some prescient advertising insight offered by Ramu in the Q&A