Quick thoughts on the recent findings from TagMan
- Another nail in the self-serving Google Analytics measurement coffin in “TagMan Claims Inaccuracies In Google’s Analytics Platform” on MediaPost
- Not a big surprise for those following TOTSB numerous posts (Not Provided Search Scam)
- Also, congrats to the TagMan team on their additional funding
- This follows the recent big announcement of Google Analytics adding fractional attribution measurement capabilities for their enterprise clients,
- Only makes GA’s interest in locking in advertisers more insidious (See “Fool and their Data are Soon Parted“)
Perhaps advertisers and agencies will start thinking more about the rampant data collection and measurement conflicts-of-interest rampant in the Googleplex…or maybe just more shrugs.